Colombo Street Food Safari by Tuk Tuk
This unique safari of Colombo city combines the joy of food with the joy of taking a tuk tuk ride across the city. The Food Safari covers some of the major hotspots in Colombo, as well as numerous authentic (local proven favourite) food stops along the way. Experience some of the best local cuisine this beautiful city has to offer, a must do during your stay in Colombo City.
Be picked up from your hotel in Colombo by your friendly tuk tuk driver and be whisked off to a Hindu Kovil (Open from Sunday to Friday), thereafter head to the good market (open on Saturdays) for some jack fruit cutlets, before visiting the coffee and spices market on Old Moore Street (open on weekdays.) Speed down the streets of 2nd Cross and Main before stopping at Sadew Juice Bar for a seasonal juice. Drive on to Marine Drive for a unique tea tasting experience before stopping for a local favourite, Kotti Rotti. Then its onwards to Taste of Asia for another local dish, hoppers before the main attraction, an array of local street food at Hulfsdorp Street. End the tour with some curd and treacle on the way back to your hotel.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo City at 1600
Take a tour of the following locations
- Hindu Kovil
- Floating market in Pettah
- The good market (Open on Saturday only)
- Coffee and Spices Market in Old Moore Street
- Sadew Juice Bar for a complimantary juice
- Marine Drive for tea tasting and kottu rotti (a local favourite)
- Taste of Asia restaurant for complimentary hoppers and Hulsdorf Street for an array of street food and curd with treacle.
Be dropped back at your hotel from at 2230